Request Training and Technical Assistance
Training and Technical Assistance are available from Global Youth Justice, LLC. We specialize in offering technical assistance and training to help local communities Establish, Enhance and/or Expand quality Youth Justice and Juvenile Justice Programs commonly referred to as youth court, teen court, student court, peer court, youth peer jury, and youth peer panels.
Global Youth Justice convenes International Training Institutes to Establish, Enhance, and/or Expand a local Youth Court/Teen Court program several times a year. They are always well attended and often fill-up early. Upcoming offerings are listed on our Training and Events button on this website. Global Youth Justice's Scott B. Peterson leads these trainings, and after three (3) decades of advocacy and leadership, Scott is regarded as the leading authority here in America and around the globe on these youth justice and juvenile justice intervention intervention programs.
Specialized areas of Technical Assistance and Training include:
1. Assist you in developing a plan for organizing and cultivating the support of the community;
2. Work with you to form a task force and advisory committee;
3. Help you conduct a needs and;
4. Educate you on examining legal issues;
5. Help identify and apply for funding for your program;
6. Assist with staffing issues and job descriptions;
7. Work with you to determine the function, program model, and procedure of the teen court model;
8. Help work on developing a program purpose, goals, and objectives;
9. Help determine offender target population and referral process;
10. Assist with the design of program services;
11. Help you develop public relations materials and plan;
12. Share effective case management practices;
13. Assist the community with determining when, where, and how often hearings and/or trials will take place and be held;
14. Work with you to recruit, train, organize, recognize and retain volunteers to include both youth and adults;
15. Help your community with program evaluation;
16. Help your community develop a strategic plan with a specific time-line to implement or enhance a high quality effective program.
Request Training and/or Technical Assistance